Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another round for the little guy!!!

Here's the little guy trying to make the best of the situation
Brock had to go in for another round of Botox injections into his sphinkter muscle. Due to his Herschsprung's disease. Poor little guy absolutely hates hospitals now, the second we walked into the hospital he started screaming. The surgery went really well and the doctor was out talking to us within 30 minutes. Little did we know that they had left a gauze pad inside him and that the next 24 hours would be pure craziness. He started acting really wierd and I felt like something wasn't right. As I was giving him a bath I noticed something hanging out of his behind that I knew wasn't right and so I started pulling on it. It kept coming and coming and at first I thought it was his intestine. Well as I started looking at it more I realized it was a gauze pad. The poor thing no wonder he wasn't acting normal. He's had the surgery before and so we kind of knew what to expect and when he wasn't acting the same I knew something was off. Well I called the doctor's and their explanation for it was a lack of communication between the doctors and the PACU. What???

3 comments:

  1. I seriously can't believe that. I feel so heart broken for the little man. I can't believe all he has gone through to be here. what a miracle. I would have been freaking out pulling the gauze pad out! you are such a brave mother. I still can't even be in the room when Lilly gets her shots. My love and prayers are with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT THE CRAP?????!!!! That's ridiculous! I feel so sad for your little one! I'm so glad you've updated you blog though, I've really been sad that you hadn't done it in so long. I'm sorry to hear Brock is having health problems. It's always hard to take your kids to the doctor, no matter what it's for. Mister has the same reaction though - we only have to pull in to the parking lot for him to burst into tears. :( We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy! I would have ripped that doctor a new one! We have to take Cole up to Primary childrens next month for Botox shots in his neck. I never knew botox was used for so many things! Anyway I hope he is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete